POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP US Brig Niagara : WIP US Brig Niagara Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  WIP US Brig Niagara
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 6 Nov 2002 07:31:58
Message: <3dc90bbe@news.povray.org>
I thought you might enjoy an update onthe status of this project.

Still a lot of modelling to go on the ship, mostly in the rigging and in the
sails. As you can see, textures are still my weekness.

This is my first experience with trace. I use it to position the ship on the
surface of the water and to allow it to roll with the waves. The wind
direction and speed also determines how much the ship rolls, but I am still
tweeking this function.

The water is generated using waves.inc. Though I am not happy with the
texture of the water.

I lookforward to your criticism because I could use it.

Thanks,

Tim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: